Thursday, January 5, 2012

Take what you need.


After seeing something very similar on Pinterest, I decided to post the above sign in the workroom at school as a way to say "happy holidays" to the staff. I put it up during the week before break and then subsequently forgot about it. I was in line waiting for the copier when I was pleasantly surprised that people had interacted with my little message(s). I was going to take it down, but I had second thoughts. I imagine that we still need the things that remain, especially as we enter this new year.

(The ones that have been taken: faith, patience, courage, peace, passion, strength, and motivation.)

5 comments:

  1. I will take understanding, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to put it in the workroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I could probably use the patience. And the courage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to comment on a previous post I came across in your blog. I love Yayoi Kusama, I got a chance to see her installation 'Fireflies in the Night Sky' at the Whitney Biennial a few years ago and ever since then I've been hooked on her. She has a fascinating life story too! They really need to write a biography on her :)

    Great blog btw, all the best in your first year of teaching, I'm a 3rd year elementary art teacher and I remember the early days all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have a really big heart! I love that you took a great idea you found on the pinboards and shared it with the folks on your staff! Cool!

    ReplyDelete