Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project Life Week One.

Week One is (and has been)... done! Here we go, Project Life!

So blurry... so sorry!

I never thought this would happen, but, I've decided to take up scrapbooking in 2013. I've fought the urge for so long, and now I've succumbed to it (ha). Now walking into Michael's or JoAnn's is so much more dangerous than it was before (ie: I have reason to stalk the paper-supply isles... and almost never escape empty-handed).


I love the format that Project Life provides: plastic sheet protectors (that come in a variety of layouts) provide little pockets for your content. I love this grid format-- it's so easy to work with. For Christmas I asked for a Core Kit, but the style I wanted wasn't available until now, so I should be receiving it shortly. It will provide little pre-printed cards that I can use to slip into the pockets (so far, I've been making all my own). I should also be getting a binder soon, so all these pages will have a home. 


It feels so good to have a creative outlet. While it's not painting or any other kind of "fine art," it's artful and fulfills that powerful need to create something for yourself (not a prototype for the classroom).

That quote references how I feel about... running.

Most of what I documented for the first week of 2013 centered around New Year's festivities and my new running habit.

Having an iPhone and the Nike + iPod sensor has been a huge help in running motivation. I can track my run times and distances, and a little voice lets you know when your run is halfway over... and I live for that verbal cue :) Instagram has also made running fun ("fun" if you will)-- I take a photo of my feet after every run. I like the creative challenge of coming up with a slightly different photo every time, even though I've been running on a very boring, very blue indoor track. Methinks that when the weather is warmer, I will have to take the leap and start running outdoors, even though uneven terrain scares me. More interesting photos are motivation enough, though :)

I featured a portion of the instructions that came with my new lunchbox, a Snow Day coaster from our New Year's table, the "enjoy!" is the back of an Erin Condren business card (which came with one of my Christmas gifts), and a ticket stub from Les Mis. Run, don't walk to your nearest movie theater if you haven't seen it already.

Week Two is done already, just need to blog it!

Consumables: Polka dot & striped wrapping paper from Target, Wausau Astrobrights Color Paper, Kid Made Modern washi tape from Target, Clipit paperclip from Container Store, Tsukineko Brilliance archival pigment ink padvarious pens (mostly Pilot Precise Point and Sharpies 

Tools: Design A pocket pagesK&Company SMASH* date stamp, Fiskars Corner Squeeze Punch

Project Life is a memory-keeping system created by Becky Higgins. I use photos, text and stuff to document our life weekly. 

1 comment: